Welcome

Hi there , welcome and thanks for stopping by, this is my little bit of tinternet space to waffle away, let family and friends catch up and if and when i get a bit of spare time (HAHAHAHA) to show off my crafty makings. So thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again soon.

hugs

nicci
xxxx

Tuesday 17 February 2009

A great Loss

Say Cheese


(marcus, nathan and saffi)

(my brother with Marcus and Saffi)
Well this past week has been the most horrid I can remember in a long time. Last Thursday I had to send our beautiful girl to the Rainbow Bridge. It was the last thing I could do for her as she had a stroke in the morning, and could hardly walk and was in a lot of pain. Everything happened so fast and the boys never got to say goodbye to her, and neither did Ian as he was teaching down in cornwall. I think we all went in to a state of shock for 24 hrs. It is still really hard to walk into the house and not see her there wagging her tail when you come in. The amount of scraps i have gone to chuck in her bowl and have ended on the floor because her bowls aren't there anymore is amazing. The silly little things that you do without thinking.


She is at peace and out of pain now, although it was the best and kindest thing we could do for her it still hurts.


RIP Saffie you were greatly loved and sadly missed




nicci


xxx

2 comments:

sue said...

big hugs nicci, I remember the pain so clearly, she looked like a beautiful dog and is now happy and painfree you did the only thing you could

Nettie said...

She was a beautiful dog Nicci, I know you will all miss her but you have some wonderful memories and know she had the best life xxx